Indulge in a guilt-free breakfast delight with our Delicate and Crispy Gluten-Free Keto Waffles that not only satisfy your morning cravings but also keep you on track with your low-carb lifestyle. Packed with wholesome ingredients like almond flour, coconut flour, and Konsyl Psyllium Fiber Powder, these waffles are a heavenly blend of texture and flavor. Follow our easy step-by-step guide to whip up a batch, and top them with sugar-free syrup and a sprinkle of berries for the perfect low-carb breakfast treat.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Konsyl Psyllium Fiber Powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar free syrup
- 1 teaspoon berries
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, and xanthan gum in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium pot (or Dutch oven), heat water, butter, sweetener, and salt until it simmers. Reduce heat to low and add the flour mixture, stirring constantly until the dough forms a ball and pulls away from the pan (1-3 minutes).
- Transfer the dough back to the bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes. The dough should be warm but not hot enough to scramble the eggs.
- Add eggs one at a time, using an electric mixer until fully incorporated. Mix in vanilla extract and baking powder. The final dough should be highly elastic.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes and preheat the waffle iron on high. Grease the waffle iron and spoon in the thick batter. Spread it out with a wet spatula and close the waffle iron. Cook for 8-12 minutes on high until golden and cooked through.
- For crispier edges, toast the waffles on low in a toaster or skillet to draw out moisture from the coconut flour.
- Store waffles in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. The dough can be refrigerated for a day or two.